Tuesday, February 6, 2018

The Promise...


I smelled it the other day.

Spring.

That wet, earthy, bathed-in-sunshine smell... a promise of new life.


Renewal.

Growth.

Warmth.


My little sedums... always the first to push forth... reaching for sunshine... heralding spring!


The last berries of winter... beautiful in their farewell...

Oh, the glory of God's creations...

Bringing JOY to every day.


There's JOY in watching these little guys play, too.  Roo, number 14, is a scoring machine!  This photo is so blurred and the ones of Alex even worse, but seeing them definitely brought JOY this weekend.  ;)

The house thing.  Well it would have been a big waste of time with all the frenzy of getting the house ready to show.... except that the house is VERY tidy and clean.  LOL!    Prompted me to tackle some things I'd put off in favor of knitting or blogging.  Ha!  Haven't heard a peep from the realtor since they were here.  Seems we are safe from having to make any big decisions about a move.  ;)

Wishing you all a wonderful week filled with JOYFUL moments!  blessings ~ tanna


12 comments:

karen said...

yay for smelling spring! nothing here yet but I'm okay with winter anyways. Loved seeing your little ones playing and your little sedums sprouting :)

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh lucky you that Spring is sending you signs of hope that soon she will be there. I hope she makes it my way, too soon. We are to get freezing rain tomorrow...can I come live with you? Hope you have a lovely day sweet friend. :)

Anonymous said...

We are in the midst of MUD season. Your photos of the sedum have given me HOPE! LOL

Looked at three houses this past weekend. ALL had very good things, but none were perfect. I sense that we are getting closer though! LOL

Dewena said...

I'm still finding joy in winter but I'm carried away by your exuberant joy in your life now. I have a feeling you always look for joy and find it in all the little things, and that's a very good thing to do!

Lynne said...

Loved your Budding Spring Treat Pics . . .
You never know . . . you’ll probably hear from the realtor today!

Lynne said...

Almost forgot Joy . . .
Liking that #14 and all the JOY he brings . . .
Happy rest of the week Miss Joyful! . . .

Tanya Breese said...

I love that spring is on its way! Watching the little ones play sports has always been one of my favorite things! I didn't know you were selling! Good luck!

Bonnie said...

Yes, I have seen the little signs of spring and they warmed my heart. I love your description of how you smelled it. I am going to write that down.
Have a great day, Tanna.

La Table De Nana said...

We are under a LOT of snow..a LOT..with more in the forecast so those little peeklings are adorb to me!
AS well as number 14..Isn't it an inner thrill of joy and happiness to watch them play and love it:)?:)YES!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Isn't it fun to watch the kids playing sports? It's also fun to get that first whiff of spring in the air! It's a little early here but I did see my first Robin a week or so ago. He may have been here all winter, but I took it as a good sign. :) Hope you continue to seek and find joy all the week long! xx Cheryl

Judy S. said...

Another sign of spring here: our lenten rose is in full bloom! Maybe all this rain here is OK?! Great GK photo; they sure are growing up quickly! Joy, for sure.

podso said...

We have a #14 too that we are watching! Fun time, isn't it? 3rd generation of men in our family I've watched on the court! My favorite sport.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Numbers 6:24-26

The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.